Yesterday, Matthew Perry sent fans into a frenzy after a mysterious tweet: “Big news coming…”
For fans of Friends, the tweet by Perry (who played Chandler on the series) seemed to indicate one thing: A reunion. But as much as we’d like to see that too, the sad reality is that his tweet is probably unrelated. None of the other co-stars has hinted any Friends- style news, and David Schwimmer recently spoke about the possibility with The Guardian.
“I just don’t think it’s possible, given everyone’s different career trajectories. I think everyone feels the same: why mess with what felt like the right way to end the series?” he said.
“I don’t want to do anything for the money. It would have to make sense creatively and nothing I’ve heard so far presented to us makes sense.”
So if the big news isn’t the return of everyone’s favourite TV series, just what could Matthew Perry be sitting on?
We have a few speculations, keep scrolling for our best guesses:
- “Extremely skilled poet and dancer with a seemingly endless sense of longing,” his Twitter bio reads. Could he be planning a one-man show?
- Or, if he can dance, is he planning an appearance on Dancing With the Stars?
- Is he going to star in a new show, after a three-year break from acting?
- His biggest movie The Whole Nine Yards was such a hit, it inspired a sequel, The Whole Ten Yards. Could there be a The Whole Eleven Yards in the works?
- The star doesn’t have an Insta-handle yet. Could he be announcing he’s joining the platform?
- On the other hand, maybe he’s quitting social media altogether and about to deactivate his Twitter…
- Though Friends might not be coming back anytime soon, maybe there will be a new spin-off series all about Chandler?
- Is he going to collab with Zac Efron again, his costar from 17 Again?
- He’s decided to start moving on Sundays. (Only the biggest Friends fans will get that one.)
What do you think Matthew Perry is up to?