And just like that, we’re down to six contestants on MasterChef Australia: Secrets and Surprises. It seems like just the other day, we met 18 hopeful home cooks, yet here we are nearing the end.
So far this season, we’ve welcomed several guest judges, from Clare Smyth to Shannon Bennet and Luke Nguyen, each of whom has brought their own challenges and tests to the kitchen. Some have even donned the apron and cooked against the contestants.
To kick off a new week, reigning chocolate queen Kirsten Tibballs is bringing a delicious sweet surprise to the kitchen. How will the contestants fare with half the time and half the ingredients in this week’s elimination challenge?
Who Is Kirsten Tibballs?
Kirsten Tibballs is a renowned Australian pastry chef and chocolatier, widely recognised for her expertise in the field of chocolate and pastry arts. She has won numerous awards and accolades for her skills and contributions to the culinary industry and is considered the queen of chocolate.
Tibballs began her culinary journey at a young age, attending culinary school in Australia and later honing her skills in Europe. Her passion for chocolate and pastry led her to become a prominent figure in the industry, both in Australia and internationally.
Her innovative and artistic approach to pastry and chocolate creations has been featured on various television shows, including MasterChef Australia. In 2017, Tibballs presented the season’s final contestants with her dramatic trio of lifelike fruit desserts. She’s also been a judge for prestigious culinary competitions.
In addition to her culinary work, Tibballs is an author and educator. She has published several books, sharing her knowledge and techniques with aspiring pastry chefs and chocolate enthusiasts. She also conducts classes and workshops worldwide, where she teaches her craft and inspires others in the culinary arts.
Does Kirsten Tibballs Have a TV Show?
For those eager to recreate Tibball’s mouthwatering treats, you can watch her show, The Chocolate Queen, which is currently filming its third season.
She generously shares all her recipes from the show on the SBS Food website. With these recipes at your fingertips, you can master the art of chocolate confections and delight your loved ones with homemade creations.
Will Kirsten Tibballs Be on MasterChef Australia: Dessert Masters?
Can you really have a dessert show and not have the chocolate queen on it? The answer is no. Kirsten Tibballs will be competing on MasterChef: Dessert Masters, along with Adriano Zumbo, MasterChef alum Jess Lemon, and more.
MasterChef Australia: Secrets and Surprises airs at 7.30pm, Sunday — Thursdays, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand. Miss an episode? Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below:
- The Heat Is on: ‘MasterChef 2023’ Brings Both Flavour and Drama
- Get Ready to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth with ‘MasterChef: Dessert Masters’
- Introducing the ‘MasterChef Australia: Secrets and Surprises’ Top 18
- The Secrets and Surprises Are About to Begin on ‘MasterChef Australia’ 2023
- ‘MasterChef Australia’ 2023: Adi Is a Doctor Who Combines Science and Cooking
- Alice Is a Gifted Academic, But Will She Win ‘MasterChef Australia’ 2023?
- Andrea Is Ready to Push His Skills to the Limit on ‘MasterChef’ 2023
- Antonio Is a Software Developer Who’s Ready to Win ‘MasterChef’ 2023
- Brent Is Back for ‘MasterChef’ 2023, and He Wants to Inspire Others
- Cath Is Ready to Make Her Culinary Dreams Come True on ‘MasterChef’
- Jessica Is an Optometrist Who Sees Herself Winning ‘MasterChef’ 2023
- Declan Is a Carpenter Who’s Ready to Get His Hands Dirty on ‘MasterChef’
- Grace Refuses to Let Endometriosis Get In Her Way on ‘MasterChef’
- Larissa Is Ready to Take on the ‘MasterChef’ Kitchen
- Malissa Is Ready for Her Once-In-a-Lifetime ‘MasterChef’ Experience
- Phil Is Ready to Bring His A-Game to ‘MasterChef Australia’
- Ralph Is Bringing His Passion for Food and Family to ‘MasterChef’
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Follow Her Dreams on ‘MasterChef’
- Robbie Is Bringing Aboriginal Asian Fusion to ‘MasterChef’
- Rue Has Her Eyes on the Prize on ‘MasterChef’ 2023
- Theo Is an Electrician Who Plans to Show His Spark on ‘MasterChef’
- “Deeply Shocked and Saddened” — ‘MasterChef’ Judge Jock Zonfrillo Has Died Aged 46
- The Beautiful Story Behind Jock Zonfrillo’s Worry Beads
- ‘MasterChef’: How Much Do the Contestants Make While On the Show?
- Melissa Leong Reveals How Much Food the ‘MasterChef’ Judges Actually Eat
- Step Inside the Historic Melbourne Space Where ‘MasterChef Australia’ Is Filmed