Chums, Rush Australia is a series that stars more than a bunch of Aussies. It’s also a series that stars a bunch of gorgeous places. In Rush, three teams are filmed racing around some of our planet’s most interesting cultural festivals and locations. But where was Rush Australia filmed? Spoiler alert: We’re going to tell you right now. If you want to keep the mystery alive, maybe save this article for later.
Rush Australia takes its contestants all over the planet, dropping them in some of the world’s most bustling hot spots. From Brazil to India, Thailand and France, filming Rush was a round-the-world adventure. But which country was host David Genat’s favourite?
“It’s hard to say,” David told The Latch, “because they were all really amazing and really unique. But I’d never been to Jordan before, and Jordan was just really eye-opening.”
Calling it “so different and incredible”, David noted that “the desert was amazing”, before laughing.
“The contestants saw a lot more of the desert than I did!”
As someone who travelled so much for work during his years in the modelling industry, David said that when he travels, he’s “looking for unique experiences”, which is why Jordan topped his list.
“I’m not trying to Google search what the most popular destination in Jordan is, I want to find something that other people haven’t found,” he explained. “I want that adventure, and that’s what we got to do in Jordan, and I just found that incredible.”
Read on for the complete list of Rush Australia destinations.
Rush Australia Filming Locations
The Drop Zone is the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. The mission takes place at Rocinha Favela in Rio. The Escape Zone is Paca Beach in Mamangua.
The Drop Zone is the Suleymaniye Mosque in Istanbul. The mission takes place in Bursa. The Escape Zone is at the Trojan Horse Statue in Canakkale.
The Drop Zone is the Wadi Rum Desert. The mission takes place at the High Place of Sacrifice in Petra. The Escape Zone is The Monastery in Petra.
The Drop Zone is the Holi Festival in Pushkar. The first mission takes place at the Samode Palace in Samode, and the second mission takes place at the Karni Mata Temple in Deshnoke. The Escape Zone is the Gajner Palace in Bikaner.
The Drop Zone is the Khao San Road in Bangkok. The mission takes place at the Khamin Cave in Surat Thani. The Escape Zone’s Koh Kai.
The Drop Zone is the St Patrick’s Day Parade in Dublin. The mission took place at the Blarney Stone and the Blarney Castle Blarney. The Escape Zone is the Cliffs of Moher in County Clare.
The Drop Zone is the Tomorrowland Festival in Alpe D’Huez. The first mission takes place in Lyon, and the second mission takes place in Maintenon. The Escape Zone is Pont de Bir-Hakeim in Paris.
The Drop Zone is the Nassaroni Village. The first mission takes place in this village, and the second mission takes place in the Suntai’s Maasai Villages. The Escape Zone is the Amboseli Airstrip in Amboseli National Park.
The Drop Zone is the Bloukrans Bridge Bungy in Western Cape. The first mission takes place in Cape Farms, and the second mission takes place at Table Mountain. The Escape Zone is the AGA Black River Helistop in Cape Town.
Rush Australia airs at 7.30pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, only on 9 and 9Now. Missed an episode? Catch up on 9Now.
Want more Rush Australia? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below:
- Rush Through All of These Rush Details, Before It’s Too Late
- Bamboozled About When and Where to Watch Rush? We’ve Got You Sorted
- Meet Michelle, the Admin Behind Reality TV’s Favourite Facebook Groups
- Who Will Be the Diamond in the Rush? Meet the Cast of Rush Australia
- David Genat Conquered ‘Australian Survivor’ — Now He’s Ready for a ‘Rush’
- Stan These Adventurers: Here’s Where to Follow the ‘Rush’ Cast on the ‘Gram
- Will Greatness Coach Tommy Achieve Greatness on ‘Rush Australia’?
- Will Country Boy Tylen Charm His Way to the Win on ‘Rush Australia’?
- Sofia Is Trading Van Life for the ‘Rush’ of a Lifetime
- Madeline Is Ready for the Adventure of a Lifetime on ‘Rush Australia’
- Everyone We’ve Said Goodbye to on ‘Rush Australia’
- Nine Mystery Locations: Where ‘Rush Australia’ Was Filmed
- Adam Is Ready to Broaden His Horizons on ‘Rush Australia’
- Hamish Is a Thrill Seeker, But Is He Ready for a ‘Rush’?
- Fiona Is Ready to Conquer the Unknown on ‘Rush Australia’
- CK Is a Strategy Manager Who’s Ready for a ‘Rush’
- Saxon Has Found His Dream Job, and Now, He’s Ready for a ‘Rush’
- Lola Loves Adventure, and Is Determined to Win ‘Rush Australia’