Curiosity may have killed the cat, but cats have nine lives, so we’re fine with admitting that the promos for Network Ten‘s new reality competition series, The Traitors, have us more than a little curious.
Hosted by Rodger Corser, who you’ll likely recognise from Doctor Doctor, Five Bedrooms or Underbelly, The Traitors places a group of 24 players in a mysterious, grand old hotel. The aim of the game? Win challenges and collect silver bars, which go into a prize pool of silver worth up to $250,000.
Of course, this is reality television, and it’s never that simple, is it? The catch here is that living amongst the players are — as the title would suggest — traitors. It’s giving Cluedo!
The Traitors’ role is to work together to sabotage everyone else — the Faithfuls — in their mission to win challenges, all while masquerading as Faithfuls themselves. Each night, the Traitors will then choose a Faithful to “murder”, ie, eliminate from the game, while never letting on that they’re a Traitor.
On the other hand, the Faithfuls will be on high alert, as they need to work out who amongst them is a Traitor. This will involve meetings held in the Banishment Room, where they will vote to eliminate players from the game — but will they pick the right person? Once a player is banished, they’ll reveal whether they were indeed a Traitor, or whether they were a Faithful.
As for the prize, here’s how it works: If a Traitor makes it to the end, they win the lot. If a Faithful makes it all the way to the end, unmasking the Traitors along the way, then they’re presented with a choice: Take the lot, or split it and share with their remaining Faithful.
Here’s everything we know so far about how to tune in.
When Does The Traitors Start?
The Traitors is all set to kick off on Sunday, October 16, at 7.30pm, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
How Can I Watch The Traitors?
The Traitors airs at 7.30pm, Sunday — Tuesdays, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand. Miss an episode? Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more The Traitors? Click here to read all our content, and check out the stories below:
- ‘The Traitors’: When Will the Games Begin?
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Midy Have to Compromise His Values for the Win?
- Teresa Knows How to Control a Crowd, But Can She Win ‘The Traitors’?
- ‘The Traitors’: Claire Is Ready to Deceive Everyone for the Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Criminal Lawyer MK Make It to the End?
- Rodger Corser Spills on What We Can Expect From ‘The Traitors’
- ‘The Traitors’: Can Financial Investigator Paul Banish the Traitors?
- ‘The Traitors’: Puzzle Queen Olivia Is Ready for a Challenge
- ‘The Traitors’: Hostage Negotiator Nigel Is a Traitor With an Edge
- ‘The Traitors’: Real Estate Agent Matt Is One of the Good Guys (He Swears!)
- ‘The Traitors’: Competitive Mark Is Ready to Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Traitor Marielle Is Ready to Take Out the Faithfuls
- ‘The Traitors’: Cheeky Lewis Is Ready to Lie to Everyone’s Faces
- ‘The Traitors’: Kate Is Ready to Be Devious for the Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Law Student Kashindi Defeat the Traitors?
- ‘The Traitors’: Justine Won’t Let Anyone Take the Win From Her
- ‘The Traitors’: Fiona Is Expecting to Be Underestimated
- ‘The Traitors’: Ethan Is Ready to Burn Bridges to Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Hotel Concierge Dirk Is Ready to Lie for the Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Body Language Expert Craig Is Ready to Find the Traitors
- ‘The Traitors’: Clairvoyant Chloe Can See Herself As the Winner
- ‘The Traitors’: Traitor Angus Is Excited to Be the Villain
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Miss Universe Finalist Alex Charm Her Way to the End?
- Everyone Who’s Been Banished or Murdered on ‘The Traitors’