2022 is the year of Network Ten premiering new shows and new formats, and so far, we’re loving it. We’ve roamed the streets of Victoria with Hunted Australia, cruised along the Mediterranean with The Real Love Boat, and now, we’re ready to play detective with The Traitors.
The twist, because there’s always a twist, is that there are Traitors masquerading as Faithfuls amongst them, trying to pick them off, one by one. If a Traitor makes it to the end, they’ll win the entire prize pool of silver — worth up to $250,000 — for themselves. If a Faithful makes it to the end, they’ll be presented with a choice: either split the prize with their other Faithful, or keep it all for themselves.
One of the Faithfuls who’s hoping to banish the Traitors before they get to him first is Mark, a 33-year-old legal professional from NSW.
In a press statement, Mark said that he’s very good as sussing out when someone is lying to him, and is expecting this skill to come in very handy during his time on The Traitors.
Outgoing by nature and always ready for a laugh, Mark went on to admit that he’s very competitive, and suspects his stubbornness is most likely the quality that will help him reach the end of the game.
While he would have played hard no matter what role he was given, Mark felt that his personality would be better suited to being a Faithful, rather than a Traitor.
“I think the biggest obstacle in being a Traitor is not being honest and not genuinely connecting with other people,” he mused. “If you’re a Faithful, you can genuinely be with people. I’m quite an open book so I think I would struggle with that.”
Thankfully, Mark is playing the game as a Faithful, but even so, he has some hesitations about how he’ll approach the game.
“I am considering do I tell people everything or keep some cards close to my chest,
he explained prior to going into the game. “But I’m struggling to see how that would benefit me. It’s really hard to maintain a lie, it’s exhausting.”
Will Mark be able to keep up the lies necessary to make it to the end? Or will he crumble under the pressure? Only time will tell. Until then…
The Traitors airs at 7.30pm, Sunday — Tuesdays, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand. Miss an episode? Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more The Traitors? Click here to read all our content, and check out the stories below:
- ‘The Traitors’: When Will the Games Begin?
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Midy Have to Compromise His Values for the Win?
- Teresa Knows How to Control a Crowd, But Can She Win ‘The Traitors’?
- ‘The Traitors’: Claire Is Ready to Deceive Everyone for the Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Criminal Lawyer MK Make It to the End?
- Rodger Corser Spills on What We Can Expect From ‘The Traitors’
- ‘The Traitors’: Can Financial Investigator Paul Banish the Traitors?
- ‘The Traitors’: Puzzle Queen Olivia Is Ready for a Challenge
- ‘The Traitors’: Hostage Negotiator Nigel Is a Traitor With an Edge
- ‘The Traitors’: Real Estate Agent Matt Is One of the Good Guys (He Swears!)
- ‘The Traitors’: Competitive Mark Is Ready to Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Traitor Marielle Is Ready to Take Out the Faithfuls
- ‘The Traitors’: Cheeky Lewis Is Ready to Lie to Everyone’s Faces
- ‘The Traitors’: Kate Is Ready to Be Devious for the Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Law Student Kashindi Defeat the Traitors?
- ‘The Traitors’: Justine Won’t Let Anyone Take the Win From Her
- ‘The Traitors’: Fiona Is Expecting to Be Underestimated
- ‘The Traitors’: Ethan Is Ready to Burn Bridges to Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Hotel Concierge Dirk Is Ready to Lie for the Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Body Language Expert Craig Is Ready to Find the Traitors
- ‘The Traitors’: Clairvoyant Chloe Can See Herself As the Winner
- ‘The Traitors’: Traitor Angus Is Excited to Be the Villain
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Miss Universe Finalist Alex Charm Her Way to the End?
- Everyone Who’s Been Banished or Murdered on ‘The Traitors’