It’s been a bumper year for competitive reality TV in Australia and sneaking in before 2022 closes is Network 10’s latest series set to have us binging every episode, The Challenge Australia.
Hosted by Brihony Dawson, The Challenge Australia pits 22 sports legends, influencers and reality TV stars against one another to compete in a series of physical challenges all while living together in one mega-luxe and mega-romantic villa while vying for the ultimate prize of $200,000. Oh, and did we mention some of the contestants have dated before? What could possibly go wrong when living with and competing against your ex?
View this post on Instagram
One of the contestants hoping to take home the prize is former Ninja Warrior all-star, Troy Cullen.
Having competed in three seasons of the ultra-competitive and physically demanding series may have prepared Troy for the physical competition, but he says he’s ready to learn new skills as well.
“Doing Ninja Warrior has prepared me for The Challenge a lot, as I believe there will be similar obstacles,” Troy says before admitting the social aspect of the game is something new to his competitive wheelhouse. “I think there are going to be a lot of different obstacles for me to try and overcome.”
View this post on Instagram
When it comes to competing in teams and making alliances Troy says his biggest strengths are being “pretty well-rounded and I’m decent at puzzles and maths.”
He adds, “my biggest weakness is eating and I reckon I might struggle to do the eating challenges. Another thing is that I am quite small in statute, so people might see that as an opportunity to get me in something physical.”
The Challenge Australia airs at 7.30pm on Network Ten on Mondays and Tuesdays. Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more The Challenger Australia? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below:
- Everyone Who’s Been Eliminated From ‘The Challenge Australia’ So Far
- ‘The Challenge Australia’ is Here, But What Are The Rules?
- ‘The Challenge Australia’: David Subritzky Gets Dirty
- ‘The Challenge Australia’: Emily Seebohm Shares Her Biggest Fear
- ‘The Challenge Australia’: Jack Vidgen Reveals His Secret Weapon
- Drama Alert! All Your Faves Are on ‘The Challenge Australia’ ATM — Here’s How to Watch
- This is What Brooke Jowett Has Been Up to Since Competing on ‘Australian Survivor: All Stars’
- “I Probably Should Have Trained More”: Konrad Bien-Stephen on How He Prepared for ‘The Challenge Australia’
- Australian Survivor’s Johnny Talks ‘The Challenge Australia’ and Whether He’ll Bring Back the Mullet
- Life Has “Completely Transformed” for Marley Biyendolo Since Winning ‘Big Brother Australia’
- Do They Have What it Takes? Meet the Entire Cast of ‘The Challenge Australia’
- We Finally Have a Premiere Date for ‘The Challenge Australia’