This year, Network Ten has been serving up all kinds of new and exciting shows. We’ve said “I could do that” while watching Hunted Australia and The Traitors, and set sail with The Real Love Boat, destination: true love. Now, Ten has given us one last reality competition series to close out the year in The Challenge Australia.
Hosted by Brihony Dawson, The Challenge Australia sees sports legends, influencers and reality TV stars go head to head in a series of intense physical challenges, all while living under the same roof of a very glam villa in Buenos Aires, where the show filmed.
Not only are they competing for the grand prize of $200,000, but the winner will also go on to represent Australia in the first ever The Challenge: Global Championship, where they’ll go up against the winners of The Challenge: Argentina, The Challenge: USA, and The Challenge: UK.
One of the stars competing for the win is Ryan Gallagher, who you may remember from his 2018 stint on Married at First Sight, or from his time on I’m a Celebrity!… Get Me Out of Here!
The reality star has also dipped his toe into the waters of stand-up comedy, touring with comedy circuits across Australia. Now, he’s getting ready for a whole new challenge, in The Challenge Australia.
In a press statement, Gallagher said that he joined the competition ready to push himself out of his comfort zone and was looking forward to the feeling of accomplishment he’d get from knowing he was pushing himself to the max.
Of course, The Challenge Australia isn’t just about the challenges, and Gallagher isn’t opposed to making a love connection or two while filming the series.
In fact, he said he was “definitely” open to romance on the show, adding: “I’m hoping there is a lovely lady in there I’ll connect with!”
When it comes to his weaknesses in the competition, though, Gallagher said that he would have trouble being ruthless and “screwing people over to get further in the competition,” explaining: “if I’m friends with someone I’ll always struggle with that”.
Finally, Gallagher said that to bring him comfort while he was in Buenos Aires filming the series, he packed his dog’s name badge in his suitcase.
“That way he’s with me everywhere I go,” Gallagher explained. “I feel safe that he’s with me.”
Will he be able to make it to the end and take home the $200,000? Only time will tell. Until then…
The Challenge Australia airs at 7.30pm on Network Ten on Mondays and Tuesdays. Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more The Challenger Australia? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below:
- Everyone Who’s Been Eliminated From ‘The Challenge Australia’ So Far
- ‘The Challenge Australia’ is Here, But What Are The Rules?
- ‘The Challenge Australia’: David Subritzky Gets Dirty
- ‘The Challenge Australia’: Emily Seebohm Shares Her Biggest Fear
- ‘The Challenge Australia’: Jack Vidgen Reveals His Secret Weapon
- Drama Alert! All Your Faves Are on ‘The Challenge Australia’ ATM — Here’s How to Watch
- This Is What Brooke Jowett Has Been Up to Since Competing on ‘Australian Survivor: All Stars’
- “I Probably Should Have Trained More”: Konrad Bien-Stephen on How He Prepared for ‘The Challenge Australia’
- Australian Survivor’s Johnny Talks ‘The Challenge Australia’ and Whether He’ll Bring Back the Mullet
- Life Has “Completely Transformed” for Marley Biyendolo Since Winning ‘Big Brother Australia’
- Do They Have What it Takes? Meet the Entire Cast of ‘The Challenge Australia’
- We Finally Have a Premiere Date for ‘The Challenge Australia’
- We Gotta Know: Where Was ‘The Challenge Australia’ Filmed?