It’s been a bumper year for competitive reality TV in Australia and sneaking in before 2022 closes is Network 10’s latest series set to have us binging every episode, The Challenge Australia.
Hosted by Brihony Dawson, The Challenge Australia pits 22 sports legends, influencers and reality TV stars against one another to compete in a series of physical challenges, all while living together in one mega-luxe and mega-romantic villa, AND while vying for the ultimate prize of $200,000.
Oh, and did we mention some of the contestants have dated before? What could possibly go wrong when living with and competing against your ex?
One of the contestants hoping to take home the prize is Olympic Gold Medalist Emily Seebohm.
View this post on Instagram
Having previously competed in I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! and Ninja Warrior, Emily said in a press statement that she’s ready for a new challenge and and to face her fears.
“The biggest fear for me is probably the social side [of the game],” said the seven-time Olympic medallist. “I am a social butterfly and I love talking to people and chatting, but at times I’m so focused and so driven in what I want to achieve that I shut myself out and narrow in. I have this focus and I don’t want people to take it the wrong way.”
With a big target on her back for physical challenges, Emily said she also wants people to see a different side of her that many viewers might not be familiar with.
View this post on Instagram
“I want the world to know that I’m fun and athletic, and I can have a good time and be this super athlete that I have been and continue to be, and on the other side of that, I can also be completely different at times,” she said. “I can have a laugh and have a drink without anything bad happening.”
Don’t be fooled, though. While Emily plans to have a good time, she’s also there to do what she does best: compete.
“I told myself I can do this, I want to have a go at these people. I want to show what I can do, and push myself and hopefully make it all the way through to the final.”
But will Emily succeed and come out on top? Only time will tell…
The Challenge Australia airs at 7.30pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
Want more The Challenge Australia? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below:
- Drama Alert! All Your Faves Are on ‘The Challenge Australia’ ATM — Here’s How to Watch
- This is What Brooke Jowett Has Been Up to Since Competing on ‘Australian Survivor: All Stars’
- “I Probably Should Have Trained More”: Konrad Bien-Stephen on How He Prepared for ‘The Challenge Australia’
- Australian Survivor’s Johnny Talks ‘The Challenge Australia’ and Whether He’ll Bring Back the Mullet
- Life Has “Completely Transformed” for Marley Biyendolo Since Winning ‘Big Brother Australia’
- Do They Have What it Takes? Meet the Entire Cast of ‘The Challenge Australia’
- We Finally Have a Premiere Date for ‘The Challenge Australia’