Well, folks, The Bachelors‘ summer of love is finally here and, this season, things are going to be different.
Past seasons of The Bachelor Australia have featured helicopter dates over Sydney’s picturesque harbours, where our Bachelor would woo his date for the day. Then, they’d head back to the candle-lit mansion, dripping in fairy lights, for an elaborate Rose Ceremony where, each week, he’d whittle down the women vying for his affection one by one.
This season, all of that is changing.
First, and perhaps most importantly, there are three Bachelors — Jed McIntosh, Felix Von Hofe, and Thomas Malucelli — looking for love this year and, if the promos are anything to go by, at least one of them will pop the question by the end of the series.
Secondly, the show has relocated to Queensland’s sunny Gold Coast. The girls are residing in a waterfront mansion, but there’s not a twinkling light or candle in sight, promising a sleeker, more modern version of The Bachelors than we’ve seen in past seasons.
Finally, the promos show a more dynamic, less linear path to love for both our Bachelors and the girls in the mansion. As we’ve seen, there are girls who reject our Bachies, and some who may be keen to switch Bachelors along the way.
All in all, it’s set to be an exciting season and, with the season premiere just around the corner, it’s time to get to know our Bachelors.
For 35-year-old restaurant manager Thomas, the appeal of The Bachelors Australia lies in “the idea of finding the love of [his] life in a context that is so out of [his] comfort zone,” which he says “really excites” him.
Speaking to Peter Helliar on The Project back in May, Thomas said that the trio of Bachelors were “still getting to know each other a little bit”, but that they were having fun while filming.
Born in Italy, Thomas grew up on a farm in Tuscany, before moving to the United States in his early 20s.
Now a longtime Sydneysider, Thomas prides himself on being loyal, confident, and motivated, and he’s all about living life to the fullest.
Thomas is passionate about fitness and once even became a global champion in a body and mind transformation competition.
When he’s not at work or appearing on The Bachelors Australia, Thomas loves getting outdoors and considers the sun to be medicine. He’s all about motorbikes, the beach, hiking, and any sport that gets the adrenaline pumping.
Having travelled the world and experienced many of life’s greatest pleasures, Thomas is now ready to meet “The One”, and he’s hoping that The Bachelors Australia will help him find true love.
A hopeless romantic at heart, Thomas is hoping to find a woman who’s “confident, honest and a great communicator”, someone he can form a deep connection with.
She’d be someone who loves what she does for a living, has a great sense of humour, and who values health and fitness on the same level that he does.
He’s excited about the possibility of meeting someone who pushes him to really open up, someone who sees and understands him for who he really is.
“The excitement and wonder of early love, of mutual discovery, of delighting fantasies is magical,” he said in a press statement.
Will Thomas be successful in his quest for true love? Only time will tell. Until then…
The Bachelors Australia premieres on January 9, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
Want more The Bachelors Australia? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below.
- At Long Last, the Trailer for ‘The Bachelors Australia’ Is Here
- We Finally Know When ‘The Bachelors Australia’ Is Premiering
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Musician Jed McIntosh Is Ready to Meet “The One”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Thomas Malucelli Is a Hopeless Romantic Looking for His Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Felix Von Hofe Is Ready For Real Romance
- Meet the Cast of ‘The Bachelors Australia’
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Abby Is Looking For a Long Lasting Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Felix Be the Love Connection That Abigail Is Looking For?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Alésia Is Here to Seize the Day (and Hopefully Find Love)
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Angela Is a Perfectionist Looking For a Perfect Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Aylin Is Looking For the Male Version of Herself
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Passionate Bella Has “So Much Love to Give”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Caitlin Is Ready For Love to Come to Her
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Extrovert CJ Is Looking For Someone to Match Her Energy
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Courtney Has Found Herself, Now She’s Ready to Find “The One”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Eboni Is Looking For the Yin to Her Yang
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Emma Is Ready to Find Someone Who “Isn’t Afraid of Commitment”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jacinta Is on the Hunt for Her Soulmate
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jasmine Wants Someone to See the World With
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jenae Is Ready to Meet Her “Forever Person”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jess Is Ready to Fight for Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Are Felix and Jessica Destined to Be?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Kiki Is Ready to Be the Main Character of Her Own Rom-Com
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Krystal and Felix’s Love Be a Masterpiece?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Lauren Is Ready to Find Someone She Vibes With
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Hopeless Romantics Leah and Thomas Live Happily Ever After?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Free Spirit Lou Wants Someone to Join Her on Life’s Adventures
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Marjorie Wants Someone to Make Memories With
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Felix Be Mikki’s “Penguin”?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Felix Is Tall, But Is He Naomi’s Mr. Big?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Tash Always Wins, and She’s Here to Win Jed’s Heart
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Sporty Tilly Is Here to Bowl Felix Over
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Yuri and Felix Ride the Rollercoaster of Love Together?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Zara Is Looking for a Magical Love Connection