Well, folks, The Bachelors‘ summer of love is finally here and, this season, things are going to be different.
Past seasons of The Bachelor Australia have featured helicopter dates over Sydney’s picturesque harbours, where our Bachelor would woo his date for the day. Then, they’d head back to the candle-lit mansion dripping in fairy lights for an elaborate Rose Ceremony, where each week, he’d whittle down the women vying for his affection one by one.
This season, all of that is changing.
First, and perhaps most importantly, there are three Bachelors — Jed McIntosh, Felix Von Hofe, and Thomas Malucelli — looking for love this year and, if the promos are anything to go by, at least one of them will pop the question by the end of the series.
Secondly, the show has relocated to Queensland’s sunny Gold Coast. The girls are residing in a waterfront mansion, but there’s not a twinkling light or candle in sight, promising a sleeker, more modern version of The Bachelors than we’ve seen in past seasons.
Finally, the promos show a more dynamic, less linear path to love for both our Bachelors and the girls in the mansion. As we’ve seen, there are girls who reject our Bachies, and some who may be keen to switch Bachelors along the way.
All in all, it’s set to be an exciting season and, with the first promos introducing the women vying for our Bachelors’ hearts dropping, it’s time to get to know them.
One of the women vying for Thomas’ heart on The Bachelors Australia this year is 38-year-old Kirsten, aka Kiki, from Queensland.
Kiki prides herself on being cool, calm, and collected no matter the situation. If she needs to put someone in their place, she will, but she’ll do it with respect and kindness.
Naturally creative, Kiki gets joy from nature, love, equality, and Jason Momoa. When she’s not appearing on The Bachelors Australia you can find her indulging one of her artistic hobbies, which include painting, sculpting and playing the guitar.
As for why she’s still single, Kiki said in a press statement that it’s because she values herself and her own needs over settling for the wrong romantic partner.
“I am much more considered in who I spend my energy on [and] who I let into my life,” she added.
Now, Kiki is ready to embark on her Bachelors Australia journey and she’s hoping to find someone worth her energy along the way.
That person would be someone who loves and respects her for who she is.
It’s also important that her perfect match is “kind, open, honest, fun [and] intelligent,” with “a sexy back [and] kind eyes”, and “knows how to be ‘with’ a woman”.
Asked to compare her love life up to now to a romantic comedy, Kiki said 2006’s The Holiday, starring Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law and Jack Black.
“I’ve definitely been a Kate Winslet, always putting my partner first,” Kiki explained.
In the film, Arthur (Eli Wallach) explains that in films, there’s always the leading lady and the best friend. He then says Iris (Winslet) is a leading lady who is behaving like a best friend.
It’s a revelation for Iris in the film and now Kiki is ready to claim some of that main character energy for herself.
“I’m the leading lady of my life these days,” Kiki said.
Will Thomas be the leading man Kiki has been searching for? Only time will tell. Until then…
The Bachelors Australia premieres on January 9, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
Want more The Bachelors Australia? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below.
- At Long Last, the Trailer for ‘The Bachelors Australia’ Is Here
- We Finally Know When ‘The Bachelors Australia’ Is Premiering
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Musician Jed McIntosh Is Ready to Meet “The One”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Thomas Malucelli Is a Hopeless Romantic Looking for His Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Felix Von Hofe Is Ready For Real Romance
- Meet the Cast of ‘The Bachelors Australia’
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Abby Is Looking For a Long Lasting Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Felix Be the Love Connection That Abigail Is Looking For?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Alésia Is Here to Seize the Day (and Hopefully Find Love)
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Angela Is a Perfectionist Looking For a Perfect Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Aylin Is Looking For the Male Version of Herself
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Passionate Bella Has “So Much Love to Give”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Caitlin Is Ready For Love to Come to Her
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Extrovert CJ Is Looking For Someone to Match Her Energy
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Courtney Has Found Herself, Now She’s Ready to Find “The One”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Eboni Is Looking For the Yin to Her Yang
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Emma Is Ready to Find Someone Who “Isn’t Afraid of Commitment”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jacinta Is on the Hunt for Her Soulmate
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jasmine Wants Someone to See the World With
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jenae Is Ready to Meet Her “Forever Person”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jess Is Ready to Fight for Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Are Felix and Jessica Destined to Be?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Kiki Is Ready to Be the Main Character of Her Own Rom-Com
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Krystal and Felix’s Love Be a Masterpiece?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Lauren Is Ready to Find Someone She Vibes With
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Hopeless Romantics Leah and Thomas Live Happily Ever After?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Free Spirit Lou Wants Someone to Join Her on Life’s Adventures
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Marjorie Wants Someone to Make Memories With
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Felix Be Mikki’s “Penguin”?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Felix Is Tall, But Is He Naomi’s Mr. Big?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Tash Always Wins, and She’s Here to Win Jed’s Heart
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Sporty Tilly Is Here to Bowl Felix Over
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Yuri and Felix Ride the Rollercoaster of Love Together?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Zara Is Looking for a Magical Love Connection