Well, folks, The Bachelors‘ summer of love is finally here, and this season, things are going to be different.
Past seasons of The Bachelor Australia have featured helicopter dates over Sydney’s picturesque harbours, where our Bachelor would woo his date for the day. Then, they’d head back to the candle-lit mansion dripping in fairy lights for an elaborate Rose Ceremony, where each week, he’d whittle down the women vying for his affection one by one.
This season, all of that is changing.
First, and perhaps most importantly, there are three Bachelors — Jed McIntosh, Felix Von Hofe, and Thomas Malucelli — looking for love this year, and if the promos are anything to go by, at least one of them will pop the question by the end of the series.
Secondly, the show has relocated to Queensland’s sunny Gold Coast. The girls are residing in a waterfront mansion, but there’s not a twinkle light or candle in sight, promising a sleeker, more modern version of The Bachelors than we’ve seen in past seasons.
Finally, the promos show a more dynamic, less linear path to love, for both our Bachelors and the girls in the mansion. As we’ve seen, there are girls who reject our Bachies, and some who may be keen to switch Bachelors along the way.
All in all, it’s set to be an exciting season, and with the season premiere just around the corner, it’s time to get to know our Bachelors.
With his bleached blonde hair and rocker aesthetic, it’s likely no surprise that 25-year-old Bachelor Jed McIntosh is a musician who’s very passionate about his craft.
The lead drummer and songwriter for his band Mood Monroe, Jed has also worked as a session drummer for many rappers and rock stars, like Lenny Kravitz, to name just one.
Jed might appear tough on the exterior, but rest assured, hiding under those tatts is a sensitive soul with a big heart. He relies on his strong faith in God to give him purpose and guide him through life, and he’s always keen to learn and grow as a person.
Outgoing and confident by nature, Jed is all about self-expression and wearing his heart on his sleeve. With his eyeliner, nail polish and tatts, Jed’s not afraid to stand out in a crowd if it means he’s being true to himself and feeling comfortable in his own skin.
In a statement, Jed said that “a woman willing to find love on a public platform is the confidence [he needs] in a partner.” In his past relationships, Jed has found that the attention he gets from being in a band can be a double edged sword, in that the attention he gets from other women can often make his partner feel insecure.
As he puts it: “Sometimes the reason people fall in love with you in the first place ends up being the very reason they don’t like you.”
Aside from confidence, Jed is on the hunt for a woman who is “passionate, empathetic, and ready to commit”.
On The Project, host Waleed Aly asked Jed if we could expect to hear him whip out a drum solo mid-date, in an attempt to woo his dates.
“It’s one way to break the ice,” Jed mused, “but when you’re standing next to two of the biggest, best lookin’ blokes in Australia, I need to pull somethin’ outta me pocket, so hopefully that can be the case!”
Originally from the country, when Jed’s not working on music, performing, or appearing on The Bachelors Australia, he loves getting into nature, going for hikes and dirt-bike riding.
Will Jed find the love of his life on The Bachelors? Only time will tell. Until then…
The Bachelors Australia premieres on January 9, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
Want more The Bachelors Australia? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below.
- At Long Last, the Trailer for ‘The Bachelors Australia’ Is Here
- We Finally Know When ‘The Bachelors Australia’ Is Premiering
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Musician Jed McIntosh Is Ready to Meet “The One”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Thomas Malucelli Is a Hopeless Romantic Looking for His Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Felix Von Hofe Is Ready For Real Romance
- Meet the Cast of ‘The Bachelors Australia’
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Abby Is Looking For a Long Lasting Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Felix Be the Love Connection That Abigail Is Looking For?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Alésia Is Here to Seize the Day (and Hopefully Find Love)
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Angela Is a Perfectionist Looking For a Perfect Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Aylin Is Looking For the Male Version of Herself
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Passionate Bella Has “So Much Love to Give”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Caitlin Is Ready For Love to Come to Her
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Extrovert CJ Is Looking For Someone to Match Her Energy
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Courtney Has Found Herself, Now She’s Ready to Find “The One”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Eboni Is Looking For the Yin to Her Yang
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Emma Is Ready to Find Someone Who “Isn’t Afraid of Commitment”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jacinta Is on the Hunt for Her Soulmate
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jasmine Wants Someone to See the World With
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jenae Is Ready to Meet Her “Forever Person”
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Jess Is Ready to Fight for Love
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Are Felix and Jessica Destined to Be?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Kiki Is Ready to Be the Main Character of Her Own Rom-Com
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Krystal and Felix’s Love Be a Masterpiece?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Lauren Is Ready to Find Someone She Vibes With
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Hopeless Romantics Leah and Thomas Live Happily Ever After?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Free Spirit Lou Wants Someone to Join Her on Life’s Adventures
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Marjorie Wants Someone to Make Memories With
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Felix Be Mikki’s “Penguin”?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Felix Is Tall, But Is He Naomi’s Mr. Big?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Tash Always Wins, and She’s Here to Win Jed’s Heart
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Sporty Tilly Is Here to Bowl Felix Over
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Will Yuri and Felix Ride the Rollercoaster of Love Together?
- ‘The Bachelors Australia’: Zara Is Looking for a Magical Love Connection