Rush Australia is in full swing, and already we’re enjoying the rush of it all. Hosted by David Genat — aka The Golden God himself — this thrilling show features 12 everyday Aussies, who have been divided into Team Gold, Team Navy, and Team Scarlet. Each team must conquer challenges to reach the Escape Zone. The stakes are high, as the last team to complete a challenge has to eliminate a member. For now, though, it’s time to meet Team Navy’s Madeline Mercieca, one of the cast members competing for the $100,000 prize.
Rush Australia Cast: Meet Madeline Mercieca
Madeline Mercieca is a fearless fitter and welder from Western Sydney. Now, she’s about to embark on an adrenaline-fuelled journey as she takes on Rush Australia. But she’s not just any contestant — Madeline is also a devoted mother of three, proving that parenthood and adventure can go hand in hand.
In her work, Madeline is used to navigating her way through a male-dominated industry. She believes in honesty, determination, and breaking down stereotypes, and wants to encourage her kids to explore unconventional career paths. Madeline wants her kids to know that their gender should never define their careers.
Madeline thrives on spontaneity and hates being confined by rules. When someone tells her she can’t do something, she takes it as a challenge and sets out to prove them wrong.
This adventurous spirit is rooted in her philosophy that life is too short to be spent idly, and every moment should be filled with exciting escapades and exploration.
“I think we’re on this planet for such a short amount of time, so why would you waste a minute of it not adventuring or seeing as much as you can see? If not now, when?” she said in a press statement.
Madeline’s Journey to Rush Australia
Madeline’s journey to Rush has been shaped by her diverse background. She grew up on a dairy farm in New Zealand, but she’s travelled a lot in the past, and even lived in America for awhile before settling in Australia.
While taking part in the show is thrilling, leaving her family behind was challenging. Madeline’s dream would have been to have her family by her side throughout the competition, but she knows that pushing herself beyond her limits will inspire her kids to face challenges head-on and pursue their dreams fearlessly.
But will Madeline make it to the end and claim victory? Only time will tell…
Rush Australia airs at 7.30pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, only on 9 and 9Now. Missed an episode? Catch up on 9Now.
Want more Rush Australia? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below:
- Rush Through All of These Rush Details, Before It’s Too Late
- Bamboozled About When and Where to Watch Rush? We’ve Got You Sorted
- Meet Michelle, the Admin Behind Reality TV’s Favourite Facebook Groups
- Who Will Be the Diamond in the Rush? Meet the Cast of Rush Australia
- David Genat Conquered ‘Australian Survivor’ — Now He’s Ready for a ‘Rush’
- Stan These Adventurers: Here’s Where to Follow the ‘Rush’ Cast on the ‘Gram
- Will Greatness Coach Tommy Achieve Greatness on ‘Rush Australia’?
- Will Country Boy Tylen Charm His Way to the Win on ‘Rush Australia’?
- Sofia Is Trading Van Life for the ‘Rush’ of a Lifetime
- Madeline Is Ready for the Adventure of a Lifetime on ‘Rush Australia’
- Everyone We’ve Said Goodbye to on ‘Rush Australia’
- Nine Mystery Locations: Where ‘Rush Australia’ Was Filmed
- Adam Is Ready to Broaden His Horizons on ‘Rush Australia’
- Hamish Is a Thrill Seeker, But Is He Ready for a ‘Rush’?
- Fiona Is Ready to Conquer the Unknown on ‘Rush Australia’
- CK Is a Strategy Manager Who’s Ready for a ‘Rush’
- Saxon Has Found His Dream Job, and Now, He’s Ready for a ‘Rush’
- Lola Loves Adventure, and Is Determined to Win ‘Rush Australia’