It happened. The Million Dollar Island finale was last night. Who would have thought that 100 contestants, one island, and a million dollars would lead to such a conclusion. But who was the Million Dollar Island winner this year? Here’s everything you need to know.
Million Dollar Island’s 2023 Winners
In the finale, only Jordan, Brett, and Chelsea were left. Jordan had collected 27 bracelets, Brett had collected 31 bracelets, and Chelsea had collected 42 bracelets. Each of these bracelets symbolised $10,000.
These three contestants were then presented with 100 boxes. In 97 of these boxes was a $10,000 bracelet.
However, in three of these boxes was a bomb. An explosive that would kill them. Just kidding. But there were three metaphorical bombs in three of these 100 cases. These bombs could blow up $100,000 worth of one’s prize money.
What followed was a buckwild game of chance. Jordan, Brett, and Chelsea all traded in their bracelets, except one, to participate in this game. For each bracelet they traded in, they could open a box. And the drama couldn’t get higher.
Million Dollar Island’s Jordan
Up first was Jordan. He decided to play it safe and only opened six boxes. Overall, Jordan won $70,000, inclusive of his guaranteed $10,000 bonus.
Million Dollar Island’s Brett
Jordan was followed by Brett. Unfortunately, the 13th box that Brett opened was a bomb. However, Million Dollar Island allowed him to keep $10,000. Which is a whack better than nothing.
Million Dollar Island’s Winner: Chelsea
The last person to play this game was Chelsea. This icon was able to open 10 cases and wasn’t smashed by an explosion. This meant that Chelsea won an additional $100,000.
At the end of Million Dollar Island, Chelsea was the winner of winners. She had won a whopping $110,000. Naturally, this news made her delighted.
“I’ve never even come close to having $110,000 in my bank account,” said Chelsea. “I’m happy, I’m stoked.”
“You work so hard to survive the conditions, smash the challenges, end up with all the friends that I’ve met here. It’s just the best feeling.”
According to Chelsea, she will spend her Million Dollar Island winnings on purchasing a house, treating her mother to a vacation, and financially helping her brother. What a *chef’s kiss* end to this story.
If you want binge the Million Dollar Island finale, it’s currently streaming on 7Plus.
Want more Million Dollar Island? Read all our content here, and click the stories below:
- It’s Time to Meet the (Many) Contestants of Million Dollar Island
- A Million Details About Channel 7’s Million Dollar Island
- Was ‘Million Dollar Island’ Filmed on a Million Dollar Island?
- Here’s Everyone Who’s Said Goodbye to the ‘Million Dollar Island’ So Far
- Jonathan Is a Dancer Ready to Twirl to the Top of ‘Million Dollar Island’
- P.E. Teacher Corey Might Slay the Beep Test, But Will He Win ‘Million Dollar Island’?
- Environmentalist Brett Is Ready to Take the Win on ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Tess Is a Mum of Six Who’s Ready to Take on ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Yasmine Is a Chiropractor Ready to Crack the Top on ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Sharnie Is a Personal Trainer Who’s Ready to Win ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Karla Is Ready to Bring Her Expedition Skills to ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Who the Heck’s Ant Middleton? A ‘Million Dollar’ Deep Dive
- The Big Things That Everyone Wants to Know About ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Will Jordan’s Youthful Energy Make Him Victorious on Seven’s ‘Million Dollar Island’?
- Will Chelsea’s Football Skills Help Her Score a ‘Million Dollar Island’ Win?
- ‘Million Dollar Island’: Influencer Dok Wants to Use His Platform for Good
- ‘Million Dollar Island’: Jack Is a Painter With His Eyes on the Prize
- Kyle Is Ready to Kill Them With Kindness on ‘Million Dollar Island’