Million Dollar Island is here, and wow, there are a lot of new faces to get to know! Hosted by Ant Middleton, the show puts 100 everyday Aussies on a remote island, where the contestants will compete in challenges, survive the natural habitat and navigate the tricky social dynamics, in the hopes of taking home a share of the million dollar prize. One of the contestants hoping to make it to the end is 34-year old Karla Piound.
Million Dollar Island Cast: Meet Karla Piound
Born in Sydney, Karla is a seasoned expedition leader who has embraced a life of adventure in the Australian outback. She left the bustling city behind over a decade ago, and never looked back. Now, she’s ready to put her skills to the test.
Karla has spent the past decade traversing the vast landscapes of Australia. She’s passionate about immersing herself in the country’s natural wonders, wildlife, Indigenous culture, and exhilarating hiking trails. Currently, she leads exclusive expeditions to remote destinations, catering to people who seek truly unforgettable experiences. Karla’s impressive career repertoire includes roles as a zookeeper, crocodile keeper, deckhand, wildlife presenter, ranger, cameleer, and much more.
With a nomadic lifestyle that prioritises independence, Karla has shied away from commitments, prioritising her career and personal freedom above all else. Her adventurous spirit is fuelled by a constant desire for change, as she readily admits to being self-critical and easily bored.
Having honed her survival skills to perfection, Karla feels ready for the challenge ahead on Million Dollar Island.
One look at Karla’s Instagram will tell you that she’ll be well-equipped to handle life on the island. Her feed is full of photos from her various “offices” — all of which are out in nature.
Recently, Karla showed off a new tattoo that was designed to “represent [her] work with Saltwater Crocodiles and the passion and connection that [she has] with them”.
“What makes Polynesian tattoos so special is the meaning behind the design,” she wrote. “It’s not just a piece of art, it’s a piece of who you are, where you come from and what you believe in. I showed Marotearii the artwork and left the design completely up to him. I love it!! 😍”
View this post on Instagram
In another post, Karla noted that one of her favourite things about her job is “the opportunity to learn the local traditions”.
View this post on Instagram
“Flower crowns are made and worn as a welcoming, for special occasions or simply to celebrate the beauty of everyday life on the Islands of French Polynesia,” she added.
Follow Karla on Instagram here.
Karla Piound’s Journey to Million Dollar Island
Now, Karla has set her sights on Million Dollar Island. She’s ready to put her survival skills to the ultimate test, and she knows that her unique expertise in capturing and preparing wildlife will set her apart from the others.
Karla hopes to form meaningful connections during her time on the island, but of course, her primary goal is to secure a life-changing sum of money.
This would enable her to alleviate the debt she incurred while training as a helicopter pilot, fund a captivating documentary project, and establish a sense of financial security. While she’s very passionate about her work, she admits that it’s not the most lucrative profession. Million Dollar Island could change all of that.
Will Karla make the connections she needs to get to the end, or will her fellow contestants see her as a threat? Only time will tell.
Million Dollar Island airs at 7.30pm Mondays and Tuesdays, only on 7 and 7 Plus. Miss an episode? Catch up on 7 Plus.
Want more Million Dollar Island? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below:
- It’s Time to Meet the (Many) Contestants of Million Dollar Island
- A Million Details About Channel 7’s Million Dollar Island
- Was ‘Million Dollar Island’ Filmed on a Million Dollar Island?
- Here’s Everyone Who’s Said Goodbye to the ‘Million Dollar Island’ So Far
- Jonathan Is a Dancer Ready to Twirl to the Top of ‘Million Dollar Island’
- P.E. Teacher Corey Might Slay the Beep Test, But Will He Win ‘Million Dollar Island’?
- Environmentalist Brett Is Ready to Take the Win on ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Tess Is a Mum of Six Who’s Ready to Take on ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Yasmine Is a Chiropractor Ready to Crack the Top on ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Sharnie Is a Personal Trainer Who’s Ready to Win ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Karla Is Ready to Bring Her Expedition Skills to ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Who the Heck’s Ant Middleton? A ‘Million Dollar’ Deep Dive
- The Big Things That Everyone Wants to Know About ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Will Jordan’s Youthful Energy Make Him Victorious on Seven’s ‘Million Dollar Island’?
- Will Chelsea’s Football Skills Help Her Score a ‘Million Dollar Island’ Win?
- ‘Million Dollar Island’: Influencer Dok Wants to Use His Platform for Good
- ‘Million Dollar Island’: Jack Is a Painter With His Eyes on the Prize
- Kyle Is Ready to Kill Them With Kindness on ‘Million Dollar Island’