We started with 100 contestants and one million dollars on the line, but just one week into Million Dollar Island, we’ve already said farewell to multiple contestants. Channel 7’s newest reality competition might be a game, but it’s certainly no joke. Hosted by Ant Middleton, the show has been nothing but chaos so far, and we’re loving it. But with so many new faces, it’s time to get to know the players who make up the Million Dollar Island cast.
Million Dollar Island Cast: Meet Brett Krause
45-year-old Brett Krause is a passionate environmentalist from Queensland. With a tenacious spirit, unwavering determination, and a knack for thinking outside the box, Brett’s all about caring for endangered species in Queensland with the construction of vital habitats. His passion for nature fuels his relentless pursuit to establish a lasting legacy for Australia’s native fauna.
A philosophical man with a signature beard, Brett brings a unique perspective to his work. As a self-proclaimed “non-practising, practising sociologist,” he embraces open-mindedness, adaptability, and the ability to seize opportunities in any situation.
Brett’s the first to admit that his impatience occasionally gets the best of him, and he loathes technology hiccups — particularly when computers and IT systems cease to function. Thankfully, technology won’t be an issue on Million Dollar Island, but in his personal interactions, Brett holds a strong aversion to laziness, superficiality, egotism, and dismissiveness, and he firmly believes in the power of first impressions.
Brett’s Life Outside the Show
At home, Brett resides with his long-term partner and their child, as well as a Russian blue cat, three chickens, and five ducks. He’s all about forming a harmonious household alongside the forest’s native creatures.
Brett doesn’t have a huge presence on Instagram, but the snaps he’s shared to date are all reflective of his environmental values and his Million Dollar Island adventure.
View this post on Instagram
Follow Brett on Instagram here.
How Brett Would Spend His Million Dollar Island Prize
If Brett emerges triumphant, he has ambitious plans for how he’ll spend the prize money. Brett dreams of acquiring a vast, degraded property spanning over 100 acres, which he would then rejuvenate and reforest.
Then, he’d like to establish a Shinto eco resort as a sustainable source of income to support further forest-building initiatives. As you can see, fast cars and luxe holidays are not high on Brett’s list of priorities. He’s all about conservation and investing in the planet we all inhabit.
But will Brett be able to make it to the end? Only time will tell. Until then…
Million Dollar Island airs at 7.30pm Mondays and Tuesdays, only on 7 and 7 Plus. Miss an episode? Catch up on 7 Plus.
Want more Million Dollar Island? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below:
- It’s Time to Meet the (Many) Contestants of Million Dollar Island
- A Million Details About Channel 7’s Million Dollar Island
- Was ‘Million Dollar Island’ Filmed on a Million Dollar Island?
- Here’s Everyone Who’s Said Goodbye to the ‘Million Dollar Island’ So Far
- Jonathan Is a Dancer Ready to Twirl to the Top of ‘Million Dollar Island’
- P.E. Teacher Corey Might Slay the Beep Test, But Will He Win ‘Million Dollar Island’?
- Environmentalist Brett Is Ready to Take the Win on ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Tess Is a Mum of Six Who’s Ready to Take on ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Yasmine Is a Chiropractor Ready to Crack the Top on ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Sharnie Is a Personal Trainer Who’s Ready to Win ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Karla Is Ready to Bring Her Expedition Skills to ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Who the Heck’s Ant Middleton? A ‘Million Dollar’ Deep Dive
- The Big Things That Everyone Wants to Know About ‘Million Dollar Island’
- Will Jordan’s Youthful Energy Make Him Victorious on Seven’s ‘Million Dollar Island’?
- Will Chelsea’s Football Skills Help Her Score a ‘Million Dollar Island’ Win?
- ‘Million Dollar Island’: Influencer Dok Wants to Use His Platform for Good
- ‘Million Dollar Island’: Jack Is a Painter With His Eyes on the Prize
- Kyle Is Ready to Kill Them With Kindness on ‘Million Dollar Island’