We’re over the halfway mark on MasterChef Australia: Fans and Favourites, which means things will really start heating up in the kitchen from now on.
Enter Rick Stein, who’s here to put our remaining contestants through their paces.
Stein is one of the original celebrity chefs, and with 12 restaurants to his name, on top of the 22(!) cookbooks he’s written, he’s a force to be reckoned with.
Originally from Oxfordshire, England, Stein was awarded a CBE for Services to the Economy in 2018. Over the course of his career, he’s cooked for some pretty big names, including the Queen and the late Prince Phillip, so you can imagine how high his standards are.
The CBE isn’t the only award Stein has earned, though. He’s also been awarded Best Food Personality at the Observer Food Monthly Awards, a Special Contribution Award at The Travel Media Awards, and Outstanding Contribution to Travel at the National Geographic Traveller Awards.
Stein is also very familiar with the pressures of cooking on camera, having starred in 12 cooking shows before, including 1995’s Taste of the Sea, Rick Stein’s Long Weekends (2016) and most recently, Rick Stein’s Cornwall.
Things haven’t always been smooth sailing for Stein, though. In 2002, Stein began a five-year affair with Sarah Burns, an Australian publicist who he met on a book tour.
When his first wife — also his business partner and mother to their three sons — Jill Stein found out, she left him, and the couple divorced in 2007. However, the pair have managed to remain amicable, and are still business partners, with their sons all involved in the family business.
Stein, meanwhile, married Burns in 2011, and now splits his time between England and Australia, where he has opened two restaurants.
Both restaurants feature seafood prominently, which is no surprise, really, as that’s what Stein is best known for, and we’re expecting our Fans and Favourites to try to impress the seafood master with their best offerings this week, as we get down to the Top 10.
MasterChef Australia airs Sunday – Thursdays at 7.30pm, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Read all of our MasterChef Australia content here, and check out the stories below.
- Everyone Who’s Said Goodbye on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Everything There Is to Know About MasterChef Guest Judge, Marco Pierre White
- Clare Smyth Returns to the MasterChef Australia Kitchen
- Can Coeliac Cook Melanie Persson Win MasterChef Australia?
- MasterChef Australia: Can Steph Woon Go All the Way?
- Meet Montana Hughes, the TikTok Star Hoping to Go All the Way on MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Matt Landmark is Ready to Take On the Favourites
- Get to Know MasterChef Australia’s Keyma Vasquez Montero
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Jenn Lee Is Ready to Wow the Judges
- MasterChef Australia: Can Ali Stoner Beat the Favourites?
- The Definitive Guide to Watching MasterChef Australia: Fans and Favourites
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Here’s Where to Follow the Contestants on Instagram
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for MasterChef Australia 2023
- A Pressing Question: Is MasterChef Australia Still on Tonight?
- MasterChef Australia’s Harry Tomlinson Opens Up About Why She Changed Her Name
- MasterChef Australia: All the Fans and Favourites Who’ve Won an Immunity Pin
- MasterChef Australia Winner Sashi Cheliah Shares How COVID Has Affected His Restaurant
- Jock Zonfrillo Uses ‘Worry Beads’ While Filming MasterChef — Here’s How They Help Him
- Firefighter Daniel Lamble Is Ready to Take on the MasterChef Kitchen
- MasterChef Australia: Meet Harry Tomlinson, the First Fan to Win an Immunity Pin
- “Everything Has Changed”: Jock Zonfrillo On How Far ‘MasterChef Australia’ Has Come Since Season 1
- Step Inside the Historic Melbourne Space Where ‘MasterChef Australia’ is Filmed
- Christina Batista Is Back for the Win on MasterChef: Fans Vs Favourites
- Tommy Pham Is Back For More on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- “I Struggled To Boil Water”: Andy Allen Opens Up About His Own ‘MasterChef Australia’ Journey
- MasterChef Australia: Aldo Ortado Is Back to Win Over the Judges
- MasterChef Australia’s Mindy Woods Is Back To Impress the Judges
- Third Time’s a Charm? Minoli De Silva Returns to MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia: How Much Do the Contestants Make While On the Show?
- MasterChef Australia: Alvin Quah Is Back for the Win