Speaking to The Latch over the phone following her elimination, Tomlinson said that she has “so many things!” in the works for her post-MasterChef Australia journey.
“At the moment it’s just getting back into the Melbourne food scene and helping out all my friends,” Tomlinson said, citing “staff shortages and things like that”, but that’s not all that’s on the horizon for the cook.
Tomlinson said she’s also gearing up to do “just lots of cooking, lots of recipe development, sharing recipes with everyone through my Instagram”.
On top of that, she’s also “working on a bit of a website”, which will be the home base for her to share “some writing pieces, a few interviews with people”.
“I’m just going to keep cooking, and I’m keeping my doors open to what could potentially come next,” she said.
Of her time on MasterChef Australia, Tomlinson said that she initially thought that the inclusion of the Favourites — which included three past winners and some truly formidable competition — would “just make [the] experience too hard” for the Fans.
“I thought it was going to be worse than what it was!” Tomlinson admitted. “I thought that we would all really really struggle, but actually going up against and having the Favourites there was massively helpful.”
As it turned out, Tomlinson said, the Favourites spent a lot of time “encouraging us all to be better”, and were more than keen to share their wealth of knowledge, about both cooking and their previous MasterChef Australia experiences.
“They were all so, so humble with their knowledge and helping us to get through the tough times based on their past experiences,” she said, adding that the experience of competing with them was “really really good”.
Had Tomlinson become the Season 14 winner of MasterChef Australia, she said that she would’ve used the prize money “as a bit of a buffer” to spend more time developing her own recipes and writing.
While her plan is still to do both of those things, Tomlinson said that “having that kind of money is a massive luxury in terms of allowing yourself a lot of room for creativity”, and it would’ve allowed her some more time “to travel, to eat and to learn more about food”.
MasterChef Australia airs at 7.30pm Sundays – Thursdays, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Read all of our MasterChef Australia content here, and check out the stories below.
- Everyone Who’s Said Goodbye on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Everything There Is to Know About MasterChef Guest Judge, Marco Pierre White
- Clare Smyth Returns to the MasterChef Australia Kitchen
- Can Coeliac Cook Melanie Persson Win MasterChef Australia?
- MasterChef Australia: Can Steph Woon Go All the Way?
- Meet Montana Hughes, the TikTok Star Hoping to Go All the Way on MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Matt Landmark is Ready to Take On the Favourites
- Get to Know MasterChef Australia’s Keyma Vasquez Montero
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Jenn Lee Is Ready to Wow the Judges
- MasterChef Australia: Can Ali Stoner Beat the Favourites?
- The Definitive Guide to Watching MasterChef Australia: Fans and Favourites
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Here’s Where to Follow the Contestants on Instagram
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for MasterChef Australia 2023
- A Pressing Question: Is MasterChef Australia Still on Tonight?
- MasterChef Australia’s Harry Tomlinson Opens Up About Why She Changed Her Name
- MasterChef Australia: All the Fans and Favourites Who’ve Won an Immunity Pin
- MasterChef Australia Winner Sashi Cheliah Shares How COVID Has Affected His Restaurant
- Jock Zonfrillo Uses ‘Worry Beads’ While Filming MasterChef — Here’s How They Help Him
- Firefighter Daniel Lamble Is Ready to Take on the MasterChef Kitchen
- MasterChef Australia: Meet Harry Tomlinson, the First Fan to Win an Immunity Pin
- “Everything Has Changed”: Jock Zonfrillo On How Far ‘MasterChef Australia’ Has Come Since Season 1
- Step Inside the Historic Melbourne Space Where ‘MasterChef Australia’ is Filmed
- Christina Batista Is Back for the Win on MasterChef: Fans Vs Favourites
- Tommy Pham Is Back For More on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- “I Struggled To Boil Water”: Andy Allen Opens Up About His Own ‘MasterChef Australia’ Journey
- MasterChef Australia: Aldo Ortado Is Back to Win Over the Judges
- MasterChef Australia’s Mindy Woods Is Back To Impress the Judges
- Third Time’s a Charm? Minoli De Silva Returns to MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia: How Much Do the Contestants Make While On the Show?
- MasterChef Australia: Alvin Quah Is Back for the Win