This year, MasterChef Australia has plated up one of the best seasons to date. Not only did we meet 12 fresh new faces, like TikTok foodie Montana Hughes and Victorian banking analyst Steph Woon, but we were also reunited with some of our very favourite contestants from past seasons, including three past winners in Julie Goodwin, Billie McKay and Sashi Cheliah.
Needless to say, the kitchen has been hot with the fierce spirit of competition, as our Fans and Favourites have gone head-to-head each week, plating up incredible dishes they hoped would impress judges Melissa Leong, Andy Allen and Jock Zonfrillo.
Unlike other competition reality shows, MasterChef Australia: Fans and Favourites remains one of the most wholesome shows on television. Still, going up against some of the biggest names in the game was definitely a nerve-wracking experience.
“In Julie Goodwin‘s words, [I was] sh*tting bricks,” Woon told The Latch after her elimination from the series.
As she soon found out, though, the Favourites were all “such lovely human beings” and it was “such a great experience” to be able to get to know them on a personal level as they went through the competition.
View this post on Instagram
“I got to meet some of my food heroes, I got to watch them up close and personal,” she said. “Sure, it was intimidating, and I had butterflies in my stomach half the time, but it was also just an incredible experience to watch them cook, to learn from them and to just talk to them.”
She laughed. “It was kind of like sitting next to a guy in high school that you kind of like, but then trying to impress and not mess up, but then you kind of get flustered and mess up, but you want to be really cool!”
“We’re sharing the same passionate love for food,” Ortado explained.
Still, at the end of the day, MasterChef Australia is indeed a competition, which means there can only be one person crowned the winner at the end of the season. The question of the hour is just when the finale will air.
The MasterChef Australia: Fans and Favourites finale will air on Tuesday, July 12, 2022.
It will air at 7.30pm, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
Until then, MasterChef Australia: Fans and Favourites will continue airing Sunday — Thursdays, at 7.30pm, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Read all of our MasterChef Australia content here, and check out the stories below.
- Everyone Who’s Said Goodbye on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Everything There Is to Know About MasterChef Guest Judge, Marco Pierre White
- Clare Smyth Returns to the MasterChef Australia Kitchen
- Can Coeliac Cook Melanie Persson Win MasterChef Australia?
- MasterChef Australia: Can Steph Woon Go All the Way?
- Meet Montana Hughes, the TikTok Star Hoping to Go All the Way on MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Matt Landmark is Ready to Take On the Favourites
- Get to Know MasterChef Australia’s Keyma Vasquez Montero
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Jenn Lee Is Ready to Wow the Judges
- MasterChef Australia: Can Ali Stoner Beat the Favourites?
- The Definitive Guide to Watching MasterChef Australia: Fans and Favourites
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Here’s Where to Follow the Contestants on Instagram
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for MasterChef Australia 2023
- A Pressing Question: Is MasterChef Australia Still on Tonight?
- MasterChef Australia’s Harry Tomlinson Opens Up About Why She Changed Her Name
- MasterChef Australia: All the Fans and Favourites Who’ve Won an Immunity Pin
- MasterChef Australia Winner Sashi Cheliah Shares How COVID Has Affected His Restaurant
- Jock Zonfrillo Uses ‘Worry Beads’ While Filming MasterChef — Here’s How They Help Him
- Firefighter Daniel Lamble Is Ready to Take on the MasterChef Kitchen
- MasterChef Australia: Meet Harry Tomlinson, the First Fan to Win an Immunity Pin
- “Everything Has Changed”: Jock Zonfrillo On How Far ‘MasterChef Australia’ Has Come Since Season 1
- Step Inside the Historic Melbourne Space Where ‘MasterChef Australia’ is Filmed
- Christina Batista Is Back for the Win on MasterChef: Fans Vs Favourites
- Tommy Pham Is Back For More on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- “I Struggled To Boil Water”: Andy Allen Opens Up About His Own ‘MasterChef Australia’ Journey
- MasterChef Australia: Aldo Ortado Is Back to Win Over the Judges
- MasterChef Australia’s Mindy Woods Is Back To Impress the Judges
- Third Time’s a Charm? Minoli De Silva Returns to MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia: How Much Do the Contestants Make While On the Show?
- MasterChef Australia: Alvin Quah Is Back for the Win