This season of MasterChef Australia: Fans and Favourites is one for the ages. Not only have we gotten to meet a whole new crop of talented home cooks, but we’ve also got the joy of being reunited with some of our very favourite past contestants.
As every season, it’s been an emotional one, like when Season 10 winner Sashi Cheliah opened up about the impact that COVID had on his restaurant.
“These two years has been one of the toughest times for the hospitality industry,” he shared. “It has pushed me from [being] a cook to a business owner.”
Even more than that, Cheliah said that succeeding in the competition will be a sign of “whether [he’s] still worthy of what [he’s] achieved so far”, which left us devastated when he was eliminated from the competition fairly early on.
Calling the Favourites “such lovely human beings”, Woon said that “they all have such a presence around them”, and that it was a “such a great experience” to be able to get to know them on a personal level as they went through the competition.
In fact, as the contestants all lived in close quarters throughout filming, Woon likened the experience to being a bit like Friends, with contestants constantly wandering into one another’s rooms.
“[Ali Stoner and I] hosted all the dinners, all the farewells, everyone would end up leaving their stash of wine with us, and all the snacks,” Woon said, adding: “It was just the place where everyone congregated naturally”.
“It was just the room to be in and I’m forever grateful for those memories,” she said, adding that she’d made “lifelong friends” along the way.
These wholesome vibes are exactly what we need to warm our hearts this winter, which is why we need to know if MasterChef Australia: Fans Vs Favourites is still on tonight, given that it’s a public holiday. Sorry to the Queen, but we don’t want her getting in the way of us cheering for our Fans and Favourites!
Thankfully, MasterChef Australia IS still on tonight. It’ll air as normal tonight, June 13th, at 7.30pm, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand. Love that for us!
Want more MasterChef Australia? Read all of our MasterChef Australia content here, and check out the stories below.
- Everyone Who’s Said Goodbye on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Everything There Is to Know About MasterChef Guest Judge, Marco Pierre White
- Clare Smyth Returns to the MasterChef Australia Kitchen
- Can Coeliac Cook Melanie Persson Win MasterChef Australia?
- MasterChef Australia: Can Steph Woon Go All the Way?
- Meet Montana Hughes, the TikTok Star Hoping to Go All the Way on MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Matt Landmark is Ready to Take On the Favourites
- Get to Know MasterChef Australia’s Keyma Vasquez Montero
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Jenn Lee Is Ready to Wow the Judges
- MasterChef Australia: Can Ali Stoner Beat the Favourites?
- The Definitive Guide to Watching MasterChef Australia: Fans and Favourites
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Here’s Where to Follow the Contestants on Instagram
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for MasterChef Australia 2023
- A Pressing Question: Is MasterChef Australia Still on Tonight?
- MasterChef Australia’s Harry Tomlinson Opens Up About Why She Changed Her Name
- MasterChef Australia: All the Fans and Favourites Who’ve Won an Immunity Pin
- MasterChef Australia Winner Sashi Cheliah Shares How COVID Has Affected His Restaurant
- Jock Zonfrillo Uses ‘Worry Beads’ While Filming MasterChef — Here’s How They Help Him
- Firefighter Daniel Lamble Is Ready to Take on the MasterChef Kitchen
- MasterChef Australia: Meet Harry Tomlinson, the First Fan to Win an Immunity Pin
- “Everything Has Changed”: Jock Zonfrillo On How Far ‘MasterChef Australia’ Has Come Since Season 1
- Step Inside the Historic Melbourne Space Where ‘MasterChef Australia’ is Filmed
- Christina Batista Is Back for the Win on MasterChef: Fans Vs Favourites
- Tommy Pham Is Back For More on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- “I Struggled To Boil Water”: Andy Allen Opens Up About His Own ‘MasterChef Australia’ Journey
- MasterChef Australia: Aldo Ortado Is Back to Win Over the Judges
- MasterChef Australia’s Mindy Woods Is Back To Impress the Judges
- Third Time’s a Charm? Minoli De Silva Returns to MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia: How Much Do the Contestants Make While On the Show?
- MasterChef Australia: Alvin Quah Is Back for the Win