MasterChef Australia may be well and truly over for the year, but the good news just keeps on coming!
On Wednesday, contestant Daniel Lamble, who placed third in the competition, announced his engagement to long-term partner Kassie Hall.
In the Grand Finale, Lamble was given $20,000 for his efforts, and he chose to spend it on a stunning ring.
“Didn’t win MasterChef but I won something so much better. ❤️,” wrote Lamble, under a photo of him on one knee.
View this post on Instagram
“For the last few months I got to put everything I had into my dream. I got the call for MasterChef and I was heading away with a few days notice and because of my amazing girl I was able to leave all my responsibilities at home.”
MasterChef Australia is filmed over a few months, and the contestants are required to be away from their loved ones during that time.
The firefighter left behind his job and his girlfriend in the hopes of kickstarting his food dream — and thankfully, it paid off.
“The competition was bloody stressful, but I had so much love and support,” he continued in the caption.
“When I found out I won some money, I was best deciding on how best to spend it. The first thing that came into my mind was a ring.
“Don’t get me wrong food is still my dream but this amazing woman here is my future.
“I’m proud of punch [sic] of how I did on the show but I honestly owe half of it her.
The Northern Territory local popped the question at East Point Reserve, a stunning beach located in Darwin.
Kassie took to her own Instagram to share the special moment, posting a photo of the two of them popping open a bottle of champagne with the caption: “Subscribed to a lifetime of love with my favourite person. ❤️ We getting married y’all! 🥂”
View this post on Instagram
Lamble’s fellow MasterChef contestants were thrilled for him as they wished him well for his journey ahead.
Bring on the wedding!
Want more MasterChef Australia? Read all of our MasterChef Australia content here, and check out the stories below.
- Everyone Who’s Said Goodbye on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- Everything There Is to Know About MasterChef Guest Judge, Marco Pierre White
- Clare Smyth Returns to the MasterChef Australia Kitchen
- Can Coeliac Cook Melanie Persson Win MasterChef Australia?
- MasterChef Australia: Can Steph Woon Go All the Way?
- Meet Montana Hughes, the TikTok Star Hoping to Go All the Way on MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Matt Landmark is Ready to Take On the Favourites
- Get to Know MasterChef Australia’s Keyma Vasquez Montero
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Jenn Lee Is Ready to Wow the Judges
- MasterChef Australia: Can Ali Stoner Beat the Favourites?
- The Definitive Guide to Watching MasterChef Australia: Fans and Favourites
- MasterChef Australia 2022: Here’s Where to Follow the Contestants on Instagram
- Everything You Need to Know About Applying for MasterChef Australia 2023
- A Pressing Question: Is MasterChef Australia Still on Tonight?
- MasterChef Australia’s Harry Tomlinson Opens Up About Why She Changed Her Name
- MasterChef Australia: All the Fans and Favourites Who’ve Won an Immunity Pin
- MasterChef Australia Winner Sashi Cheliah Shares How COVID Has Affected His Restaurant
- Jock Zonfrillo Uses ‘Worry Beads’ While Filming MasterChef — Here’s How They Help Him
- Firefighter Daniel Lamble Is Ready to Take on the MasterChef Kitchen
- MasterChef Australia: Meet Harry Tomlinson, the First Fan to Win an Immunity Pin
- “Everything Has Changed”: Jock Zonfrillo On How Far ‘MasterChef Australia’ Has Come Since Season 1
- Step Inside the Historic Melbourne Space Where ‘MasterChef Australia’ is Filmed
- Christina Batista Is Back for the Win on MasterChef: Fans Vs Favourites
- Tommy Pham Is Back For More on MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites
- “I Struggled To Boil Water”: Andy Allen Opens Up About His Own ‘MasterChef Australia’ Journey
- MasterChef Australia: Aldo Ortado Is Back to Win Over the Judges
- MasterChef Australia’s Mindy Woods Is Back To Impress the Judges
- Third Time’s a Charm? Minoli De Silva Returns to MasterChef Australia
- MasterChef Australia: How Much Do the Contestants Make While On the Show?
- MasterChef Australia: Alvin Quah Is Back for the Win