The premiere of Corey Feldman’s documentary, My Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys, was hit with a series of snags as hackers prevented the film from being shown.
The program, which Feldman had previously said would name an alleged sexual abuser of Feldman and his best friend, the late Corey Haim in the 1980s.
Hyped by Feldman in the lead-up, the screening was meant to start at 2.00pm AEST, however, was first delayed by 15 minutes, due to “the website crashing”.
This was only just the beginning.
— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) March 10, 2020
Internet users (who paid $20 USD for the privilege to catch the first screening) were met with multiple “Thank You for your recent purchase! We hope you enjoy it!” screens only to have to continually refresh as nothing would happen.
Finally, the live stream started with some Twitter users claiming they had access, and those who could watch it recorded it live for those who could not get on.
For others, they were met with a “Please be patient. The hackers are trying to prevent the stream from airing.”
— SeefusJangles ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (@JanglesSeefus) March 10, 2020
After approximately 15 minutes, the live-stream was once again stalled.
Feldman himself was also holding a premiere with a live audience, and according to several tweets, stopped the documentary once he caught wind that they were “seeing an attack”.
“This is crazy,” Feldman said.
@Corey_Feldman has just been told by his technology team the screening has been hacked: “we are seeing an attack”, to which Corey responded “this is crazy” #coreyfeldman #mytruthdocumentary pic.twitter.com/WZMGH3aHge
— Jonathon Moran (@jmoconfidential) March 10, 2020
Fans set Twitter alight accusing Feldman of “scamming” the world and accused him of “staging” the whole thing.
At the time of publication, another message was shared with those who had paid to watch the documentary.
— CoCo Butter (@CoCoButterExp) March 10, 2020
Also at the time of publication, all of Feldman’s socials had gone quiet, and there was still no conclusion to the documentary that promised to name the alleged abuser.
On March 4, Feldman appeared on Wendy Williams, saying that he and the late Corey Haim “had both been molested as children.”
“He was raped physically. I was raped emotionally. I was molested,” he said. “I am saying every name that affected … our lives and we have victims talking about their experiences.”
Before adding: “The one main name that everyone is waiting to hear … It is a name that everybody on the planet knows.”