It’s been a wild season of Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders, and now, it all comes down to our Final Three: Reggie Bird, Taras Hrubyj-Piper and Johnson Ashak. After making it all the way to the top four, Intruder Brenton Parkes narrowly missed out on his place in the final, but despite it all, he’s “feeling good”.
Chatting to The Latch over the phone, Parkes said that he wished he’d “taken out Taras earlier”, but other than that, all was well.
An Intruder has never won Big Brother Australia, and despite not making it to the Final Three, Parkes said that he still believes “it can be done”.
“I believe that an intruder can win, you just have to be so smart and so wise about who your alliances are,” he said, adding: “I really thought I was gonna win.”
He explained: “Taras said he was gonna take me to the end and as much as he’s a liar, he really did mean it, but unfortunately I backstabbed him really last minute and put his only true best friend up in the firing line.
“If I’d not done that, if I had got rid of Johnson [Ashak] instead of Aleisha [Campbell], he would’ve taken me to the end.”
View this post on Instagram
Originally, Parkes’ plan was to go into the house as “a big physical threat” who would “go in and go hard and bully people around”. Instead, he soon realised he was “on the back foot instantly” and had to switch gears.
“They were comparing me to Joel [Notley], the old challenge beast, so I had to make a fast decision and pretend I didn’t even know what Big Brother was, and I’m non-threatening so they don’t have to get rid of me,” he said.
It was a strategy that “probably lasted a week or two”, Parkes said, before “they started to clue on”.
“They were like ‘nah, this guy knows what he’s doing’, especially after that first challenge I won where I put up three OGs in the firing line,” he recalled, adding: “I was the first to make a move like that, and they were like ‘nup, he’s either extremely dumb or he knows what he’s doing’.”
As for who Parkes thinks will win the series — and the $250,000 prize money — he said it could go one of two ways.
“If they are going after someone who they think deserves the money or deserves the win, in that they’re just so loveable, then they’ll choose Reggie, but if they go for who’s played the hardest, who’s had their back up against the wall the whole time, then they’ll choose Johnson,” he said.
As for who he’ll be voting for?
“All my votes are going on Johnson,” he said definitively.
Voting for the winner of Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders is now open, and you can vote for your winner here.
Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders concludes with a live finale tomorrow, Tuesday July 12th. It all kicks off at 7.30pm, only on 7 and 7 Plus.
Want more Big Brother? Read all of our Big Brother Australia content here, and check out the stories below.
- Everyone Who’s Been Evicted From Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders
- Big Brother Australia: Get to Know Triple Threat Aleisha Campbell
- Big Brother Australia: Will Gabbie Keevill Be Able to Charm Her Way to the End?
- Everything You Need to Know About Big Brother’s Jaycee
- Will Big Brother Superfan Johnson Ashak Be Able to Beat His Idols?
- Can Big Brother Australia’s Taras Hrubyj-Piper Take on the Royals?
- Could Master Strategist Tim Dormer Become Big Brother’s First Two-Time Winner?
- Intruder Alert! Meet Big Brother Australia Intruders Brenton and Jules
- Big Brother Australia: Does Lulu Oliveira Have What It Takes to Go All the Way?
- Big Brother’s Estelle Landy Shares Her Emotional Journey With Chronic Pain
- Big Brother Australia: Meet Sam Manovski, Drew’s New Girlfriend
- Does Joel Have What It Takes to Win Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders?
- Your Definitive Guide to Tuning In to Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders
- Where to Follow the Cast of ‘Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders’ On Instagram
- Can Big Brother’s Trevor Win Again?
- Meet the Cast Entering the ‘Big Brother Australia’ House in 2022
- Farmer Dave Is Back for More on Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders
- When Does ‘Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders’ Start?
- Can Big Brother Royalty Reggie Bird Be the First Contestant to Win Twice?
- A Refresher: Tully Smyth and Anthony Drew’s ‘Big Brother’ Relationship
- Ex-Model Josh Is Ready to Cause Chaos on ‘Big Brother Royalty vs New Contenders’
- Big Brother’s Sam Manovski: “Telling the Truth Is Not Drew’s Forte”
- Farmer Dave on Why He Tried to Vote Himself Out and Why Reggie Should Win
- Big Brother’s Jules: “Reggie Must Have a Thing Against Strong Women”
- Life After Big Brother: Tully Smyth Reveals What’s Next for Her
- When Is the Big Brother Royalty Vs New Contenders Finale?