Have you ever watched an episode of MasterChef Australia and thought to yourself ‘I think I could do that’? Friends, your time has come, because you can apply for MasterChef Australia 2024 right now.
That’s right, applications for the 2024 season of MasterChef Australia are now open, so it’s time to put your money where your mouth is, put your food where the judges’ mouths are, and hopefully, walk away with the $250,000 prize money.
If your application were to be successful, you could be one of the hopeful home cooks plating up their very best dishes in the hopes of wowing the judges in Season 16 of the cooking competition.
Here’s what you need in order to throw your hat in the ring.
How to Apply for MasterChef Australia 2024
Step One: Photos
First, you need a digital photo of yourself, so that the people in charge of casting can put a face to your name.
You’ll also need at least three photos showcasing some of the incredible dishes you’ve plated up in your everyday life.
If you want to go above and beyond, there’s also an option to add a video to your application, where you can show the casting team your sparkling personality along with your meals.
Step Two: The Questionnaire
Next up is a questionnaire, which asks for basic details, as well as some questions that will help them get a sense of who you are as a person and what you’d be bringing to the competition.
They’ll ask about what life was like for you growing up, about your hobbies outside of the kitchen, what your greatest achievements have been thus far in your life, and of course, what prompted you to apply for the series.
Of course, the most important thing the casting team needs to know is all about your cooking. After all, what is MasterChef Australia without its talented home cooks?
This section of the application will focus on your cooking style and your passion for food. Expect questions along the lines of “tell us about the moment when you realised cooking was what you wanted to do and you fell in love with food”. They’ll also want to know about your food idols, your favourite restaurants, and of course, how well you think you’ll be able to perform under pressure in front of the cameras.
Important Things to Note
One thing to note is that MasterChef Australia is focused on amateur cooks, rather than professionally trained chefs. If you’ve had any professional cooking experience, from cooking classes to working in a professional kitchen, you’ll need to disclose that upfront. They’ll also want to know if you’ve applied for MasterChef Australia before, or if you’ve appeared on any other reality shows before.
The 2024 season of MasterChef Australia will film between October 2023 and May 2024 for approximately 30 weeks. There will be a break over Christmas and New Year, but successful applicants will need to be available for that entire period.
You’ll also have to be 18 or older by the time Monday, October 16 2023 rolls around, and be an Australian citizen.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Sunday, August 13 2023, so what are you waiting for?
MasterChef Australia: Secrets and Surprises airs at 7.30pm, Sunday — Thursdays, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand. Miss an episode? Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more MasterChef Australia? Read all our content here, and check out the stories below:
- Get Ready to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth with ‘MasterChef: Dessert Masters’
- Introducing the ‘MasterChef Australia: Secrets and Surprises’ Top 18
- The Secrets and Surprises Are About to Begin on ‘MasterChef Australia’ 2023
- ‘MasterChef Australia’ 2023: Adi Is a Doctor Who Combines Science and Cooking
- Andrea Is Ready to Push His Skills to the Limit on ‘MasterChef’ 2023
- Antonio Is a Software Developer Who’s Ready to Win ‘MasterChef’ 2023
- Brent Is Back for ‘MasterChef’ 2023, and He Wants to Inspire Others
- Cath Is Ready to Make Her Culinary Dreams Come True on ‘MasterChef’
- Jessica Is an Optometrist Who Sees Herself Winning ‘MasterChef’ 2023
- Declan Is a Carpenter Who’s Ready to Get His Hands Dirty on ‘MasterChef’
- Grace Refuses to Let Endometriosis Get In Her Way on ‘MasterChef’
- Larissa Is Ready to Take on the ‘MasterChef’ Kitchen
- Phil Is Ready to Bring His A-Game to ‘MasterChef Australia’
- Ralph Is Bringing His Passion for Food and Family to ‘MasterChef’
- Rhiannon Is Ready to Follow Her Dreams on ‘MasterChef’
- Robbie Is Bringing Aboriginal Asian Fusion to ‘MasterChef’
- Rue Has Her Eyes on the Prize on ‘MasterChef’ 2023
- Theo Is an Electrician Who Plans to Show His Spark on ‘MasterChef’
- “Deeply Shocked and Saddened” — ‘MasterChef’ Judge Jock Zonfrillo Has Died Aged 46
- The Beautiful Story Behind Jock Zonfrillo’s Worry Beads
- Melissa Leong Reveals How Much Food the ‘MasterChef’ Judges Actually Eat