Every year, we wait eagerly for awards season and thus the chance to celebrate the year’s best films, shows, and music, while simultaneously marvelling over the fashion looks that go on to inspire us for decades thereafter.
This year, things are looking a little different again, with some ceremonies having to opt for virtual events or intensely scaled-back versions of the lavish affairs. But despite a lack of red carpets and afterparties, one award’s show staple remains: the goodie bag. And everyone knows the best goodie bags are awarded to guests of the Oscars.
Analogous to winning the lottery, Oscars gift bags are valued at an eye-watering cost, with last year’s goodie bag amounting to $294,536 according to an estimate from Forbes. It included a cruise to Antarctica and luxury accommodation in Italy and Hawaii.
According to Vogue, in 2021, the Academy Awards gift bags are levelling up (like that was possible) to include sweet treats, overseas trips, personal training sessions, cosmetic surgery, NFT artworks, and much, much more.
Some of the most lavish items the A-list attendees will find in their Oscars gift bags in 2022 include:
- A 3-night stay at Pater Noster Lighthouse on the Swedish island of Hamneskär
- A 4-night stay at the celebrity favourite Golden Door health retreat in California (around USD $10,000 for a week’s stay)
- 10 Personal training sessions with celebrity trainer Alexis Seletzky
- Plastic surgery at Art Lipo
- NFT digital artwork from AdVenture Media and Taillard Capital
- 15 hours of personalised consulting sessions with Isaac Rudansky
- Residential project management with Maison Construction
- Private investment advice with Moxehub
- Facial treatments at Oxygenetix and a year’s supply of makeup
- At-home vitamin IV infusions
Extra little inclusions come by the way of Elixinol Good Night CBD capsules, broad-spectrum hemp oil from SalTerrae, a Miage skincare set, sustainable sneakers, a GPS tracker for pets, a Sound acupuncture device from Taiyi Institute, a wax candle, socks, designer water, a happiness journal, loungewear, Manuka honey, and Bahlsen cookies.
Basically, it’s everything you could ever want from a goodie bag (and then some).