StockX, the self-proclaimed “stock market for things”, carries some of the most expensive shoes on the market. Recently, the Bleacher Report rounded up some of the craziest ones in an Instagram post featuring the ten most expensive sneakers of the decade using data from the platform.
To say they’re over-the-top would be an understatement… at best. The shoes included in the roundup not only come with outlandish price tags, but with such OTT silhouettes and styles, some are hard to imagine ever actually being worn. Perhaps they were purchased as collector’s items?
Before scrolling through the shoes that made the cut, you might want to brace yourself. These sneakers might cost more than your car. Worth keeping in mind also that the prices listed on the post are in USD — making them even more expensive than they seem at the outset.
To each his own, we’re sure that these ones made for some very happy sneaker fanatics.
10 Most Expensive Sneakers of the Decade
- Nike MAG, Back to the Future 2016: $32,275.00 ($47,938.54 AUD)
- Adidas, NMD Pharrell X Chanel 2017: $25,000.00 ($37,132.88 AUD)
- Air Jordan, Jordan 4 Retro Eminem Encore 2017: $21,000.00 ($31,191.61 AUD)
- Air Jordan, Jordan 11 Retro Premium Derek Jeter 2017: $18,257.09 ($27,117.53 AUD)
- Nike MAG, Back to the Future 2011: $17,000.00 ($25,250.35 AUD)
- Air Jordan, Jordan 4 Retro Eminem Carhartt 2015: $16,500 ($24,507.70 AUD)
- Air Jordan, Jordan 4 Retro UNDFTD 2018: $16,001.19 ($23,766.81 AUD)
- Air Jordan, Jordan PE Kobe Retro Pack 3&8 2016: $15,000 ($22,283.13 AUD)
- Air Jordan, Jordan 3 Retro DJ Kahled Father of Asahd 2018: $15,000 ($22,283.13 AUD)
- Nike, Air Force 1 Virgil X MoMA 2018: $14,999.68 ($22,282.65 AUD)