The end of the financial year sees retailers clearing out existing stock to make room for new wares, which for shoppers, means major sales across beauty, fashion, home and tech. Fortunately for us, in recent years, travel has jumped on the bandwagon, too.
Throughout June, airlines, hotels and cruise lines around Australia are heavily discounting their rates, all to nudge us to take more holidays and have more adventures. According to recent Booking.com data, we’re already lapping up the deals. The data showed that many Australian destinations are seeing even stronger interest over the last couple weeks than in 2019, pre-pandemic.
So, where are we headed within Australia this winter? According to the data, we’re going to warmer destinations in Queensland, as you’d expect, as well as the slopes in NSW and Victoria. A recent icy blast bringing a dumping of snow in parts of NSW saw Perisher Valley open earlier than expected, welcoming guests back from Saturday, June 4. Thredbo and Mt Hotham officially opened on Saturday, June 11.
Whether you’re looking to head to the slopes or seeking an escape from the cold, there’s likely a good deal to jump on.
Here, we’ve rounded up some of the best travel sales this June.
Click Frenzy Travel 2022 Deals
Click Frenzy’s June Travel Event, which kicks off Wednesday, June 15 at 7pm and runs for five days, will see hundreds of travel suppliers slashing their prices, just in time for a July getaway. They include:
- Air NZ: Get 10% off flights to New Zealand
- Qatar Airways: Save up to 10% on Qatar Airways flights to Europe, the United Kingdom, Africa, the Middle East and America
- Luxury Escapes:
- Phuket All-Inclusive Island Resort, Thailand, 7 nights from $1,999
- Ultra-Luxurious Bali Beachfront Oasis, 5 nights from $2,499
- DealsAway: Additional 10% off ALL deals including only $1 deposits to lock in any deal.
o $495 per person Bali 6-day package at 5 stars Movenpick Hotel and Resort in Jimbaran
o $2995 per person Fiji 10-day sail and stay package on Caption Cook Cruise to Mamanuca and Yasawa Islands
o $995 per person Phuket 6-day package at luxury five-star accommodation the Avani + Mai Khao Phuket resort
o $1799 per person Queenstown 6-day package at a luxury hotel with four-day lift pass for Coronet Peak and The Remarkables included.
- Greyhound: Up to $150 off Whimit Travel Passes
- Tangalooma Island Resort: Get your third night FREE* at Tangalooma
- Riparide: 25% off the per night price on over 150 escapes across VIC, NSW, and New Zealand.
- Klook: 20% off ALL theme parks, 20% off all rail passes around the world & 20% off New Zealand ski passes and packages.
- My Holiday: Massive savings of unique holiday packages
o Naviti Resort 5 nights Fiji, $1,490pp with flights included
o Hilton Surfers Paradise 5 nights, $699pp
- Hopper: $100 off any flight to Bali, $120 off a hotel in San Francisco
- Kingfisher Bay: Save over 50% on a Fraser Island Escape from $599 per package