And just like that, And Just Like That has been greenlit for Season 3. That’s right, this Sex and the City reboot has been renewed before the Season 2 finale has even dropped.
Understandably, the Executive Producer and Showrunner of this series, Michael Patrick King, was stoked to announce this news.
“We are thrilled to spend more time in the Sex And the City universe, telling new stories about the lives of these relatable and aspirational characters played by these amazing actors,” King said in a statement.
In Season 2 of And Just Like That, Carrie is enjoying a lifetime of casual hook-ups after the death of her husband, Mr Big. However, Carrie’s life becomes complicated when her ex-fiancé, Aidan, returns.
Will Carrie and Aidan’s drama be central to And Just Like That’s Season 3? At this stage, we don’t know.
And Just Like That’s Season 2 finale debuts today, August 24, on BINGE.
When Will And Just Like That Season 3 Premiere?
Now, it’s worth noting that And Just Like That’s Season 3 is still a while away from debuting. The 2023 writers strike will prevent this series from getting written. Additionally, the 2023 actor’s strike will prevent it from being performed.
If the Hollywood studio system won’t offer its artists better compensation packages, then more And Just Like That might never be made.
What’s more, King is a member of the Writers Guild of America, one of the unions currently on strike. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, King stated that he believes that script writers should be fairly compensated for their work.
“I am a dues-paying, proud member of 33 years, and I’ve hired, as a showrunner, over 100 writers. So, I’m very writer-friendly, and what’s great about And Just Like That is that we had over six writers, and they were all episodically paid,” Michael said.
“Everybody was hired, and we were there from beginning to end. So, we were lucky because we are sort of a hybrid of TV on prestige cable and now streaming.”
Want more entertainment news? Click here to read all our content, and check out the stories below:
- Hollywood Is Currently on Strike, Will the UK Follow Suit?
- And Just Like That’s Season 2 Filming Locations
- ‘Fast X’ Is the Perfect Reminder That It’s Time for a Best Stunts Oscar
- The 2007 Writers Strike Changed Everything. Will the 2023 One Do the Same?
- “An Extraordinary Blessing”: Greta Gerwig on the ‘Barbie’ Movie Hype
- James Marsden Is Up For a ‘Jury Duty’ Emmy — Here’s Why He Deserves It
- How Hayley Atwell Developed Her ‘Mission: Impossible’ Character As They Went
- Will Christopher Nolan Hit Another Home Run? What We Know About ‘Oppenheimer’
- ‘Mission: Impossible’: Simon Pegg and Pom Klementieff on What Sets ‘Dead Reckoning’ Apart
- Anna Konkle on Her “Strange, Stilted, Alien” Character in ‘The Afterparty’ Season 2