2022 is the year of Network Ten premiering new shows and new formats, and so far, we’re loving it. We’ve roamed the streets of Victoria with Hunted Australia, cruised along the Mediterranean with The Real Love Boat, and now, we’re ready to play detective with The Traitors.
The twist, because there’s always a twist, is that there are Traitors masquerading as Faithfuls amongst them, trying to pick them off, one by one. If a Traitor makes it to the end, they’ll win the entire prize pool of silver — worth up to $250,000 — for themselves. If a Faithful makes it to the end, they’ll be presented with a choice: either split the prize with their other Faithful, or keep it all for themselves.
One of the Faithfuls hoping to take down the Traitors and take out the win this season is Kate, a 38-year-old photographer and actor from NSW.
Although Kate isn’t accustomed to playing dirty in her regular, everyday life, she’s ready to do what it takes to win The Traitors, even if that means playing with “misdirection and trust”.
“I really need people to be loyal to me but I am not intending on being loyal to them,” she said in a press statement. “If one of us breaks that trust at some point, I am fully aware the whole thing is going to crumble.”
A big fan of games that require strategy and mental agility, Kate is hoping that her photography skills will translate into an ability to read human behaviour well in the game and to help put people at ease.
“The reason a game like this is so hard is because you need to be switched on 24 hours a day and always thinking about conversations you’re having,” she said. “It’s going to cause paranoia which could cloud your judgement and turn off your instincts so you need to remain calm, be valuable in challenges and not be a boss in conversations.”
Will Kate make it to the end and take out the win? Only time will tell. Until then…
The Traitors airs at 7.30pm, Sunday — Tuesdays, only on 10 and 10 Play on Demand. Miss an episode? Catch up on 10 Play.
Want more The Traitors? Click here to read all our content, and check out the stories below:
- ‘The Traitors’: When Will the Games Begin?
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Midy Have to Compromise His Values for the Win?
- Teresa Knows How to Control a Crowd, But Can She Win ‘The Traitors’?
- ‘The Traitors’: Claire Is Ready to Deceive Everyone for the Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Criminal Lawyer MK Make It to the End?
- Rodger Corser Spills on What We Can Expect From ‘The Traitors’
- ‘The Traitors’: Can Financial Investigator Paul Banish the Traitors?
- ‘The Traitors’: Puzzle Queen Olivia Is Ready for a Challenge
- ‘The Traitors’: Hostage Negotiator Nigel Is a Traitor With an Edge
- ‘The Traitors’: Real Estate Agent Matt Is One of the Good Guys (He Swears!)
- ‘The Traitors’: Competitive Mark Is Ready to Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Traitor Marielle Is Ready to Take Out the Faithfuls
- ‘The Traitors’: Cheeky Lewis Is Ready to Lie to Everyone’s Faces
- ‘The Traitors’: Kate Is Ready to Be Devious for the Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Law Student Kashindi Defeat the Traitors?
- ‘The Traitors’: Justine Won’t Let Anyone Take the Win From Her
- ‘The Traitors’: Fiona Is Expecting to Be Underestimated
- ‘The Traitors’: Ethan Is Ready to Burn Bridges to Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Hotel Concierge Dirk Is Ready to Lie for the Win
- ‘The Traitors’: Body Language Expert Craig Is Ready to Find the Traitors
- ‘The Traitors’: Clairvoyant Chloe Can See Herself As the Winner
- ‘The Traitors’: Traitor Angus Is Excited to Be the Villain
- ‘The Traitors’: Will Miss Universe Finalist Alex Charm Her Way to the End?
- Everyone Who’s Been Banished or Murdered on ‘The Traitors’